|Date Posted||September 23, 2021|
Main Skill Requirement:
· Required Skillset per HM: NIST 800-53 based auditing experience now required.
· Required Work Experience: 6 years information systems auditing experience.
· 2 years lead auditor or project leader for information systems (may be concurrent with above).
· 1 year of programming and/or system analysis may substitute for 1 year of information system auditing experience.
· IDEAL candidate will have 1 Certification overall, but Certifications are NOT required unless where marked as long as candidate meets ED/Work mins without Certs and has overall strong background and worked as an IT Auditor.
· Licenses and Certificates (Required at least one if NO Bachelor's Degree): Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) or
· Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
· Requires 5 years information system auditing work experience if NO Certification
Overall Purpose of the Position:
· Performs independent, objective information systems (IS) audits and consulting services.
· Supplies management at all levels with objective evaluations, appraisals, and recommendations concerning the areas reviewed.
· Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of I/S auditing standards and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
· Ability to identify risks, evaluate internal controls within information systems environment.
· Knowledge of data security concepts and disaster recovery.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of word processing, spread sheet software.
· Ability to handle sensitive matters on a confidential basis.
· Ability to persuade, negotiate or influence.
· Excellent analytical or critical thinking and problem solving capabilities.
Required Software and Tools:
· Microsoft Office.
· Working knowledge of programming languages (i.e.,JCL, SAS, etc.). Microsoft Office and mainframe systems Knowledge of Microsoft Access Knowledge of other database software such as ACL Knowledge of automated working paper systems
· Typical office environment. Frequent travel required between all BCBSSC buildings to conduct Audits.
· Responsibilities of Job:
· 40% conducts timely information systems (IS) audits. Drafts written reports upon completion of each audit assignment.
· 20% Evaluates information systems (IS) division projects from a risk and control perspective. Makes recommendations concerning risks and controls.
· 20% serves as project lead for the more complex reviews of information systems (I/S). Assigns tasks to other staff members and reviews their work.
· 10% Participates in special projects as assigned by management.
· 10% assists external auditors in completing their audit tasks as a means of maximizing audit efficiency.