|Date Posted||October 6, 2021|
**Hybrid Onsite/Remote Position: Taylor Texas**
40 Hrs/Week; 6 Month Contract, with possibility of contract extensions
Must be eligible to be a W2 employee of Preston-Hunter, Inc (no Corp-to-Corp at this time)
Develops and executes design of resilient, mission-critical enterprise systems. Aligns architectural designs to coincide with Business and Technology strategies and is very influential in gaining commitment from Operations, Development and Service Delivery teams. Partners with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure technical feasibility of strategies and drives towards excellence. The IT Architect demonstrates collaboration and inclusiveness through clear verbal and written communications targeting multiple levels of the organization. Functions with integrity and has an architectural “backbone” but listens to and addresses stakeholder needs. The IT Architect has a close attention to detail but will also be able to see the larger picture and mitigate impact on technologies and systems that support ERCOT’s mission. Provides design recommendations. Develops enterprise level applications and custom integration solutions including major enhancements, interfaces, functions, and features.
- Leads projects, schedules work, trains, mentors, and provides coaching for other employees
- Shares project results in the form of whitepapers, then presents them to the internal team and stakeholders
- Ensures work assignments of team members are completed in a timely manner and reviews work products for accuracy prior to submitting to management for approval
- Transformation agent throughout IT and beyond traditional infrastructure - extends to process, organizational, and business transformation
- Oversees definition, developments, and maintains ERCOT’s Reference Architectures including developing content and approving content developed by others
- Maintains knowledge of emerging trends and industry best practices; disseminates information out to ERCOT’s communities of interest
- Works on the most complex issues where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Has the ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Applies creativity, in-depth technical and theoretical knowledge, and experience in solving highly complex architectural design problems
- Provides SWOT analysis of current and future architectural and business direction
- Establishes and grows beneficial working relationships between IT Architecture team members and stakeholders; earns leadership through building trust and delivering value to stakeholders
- Maintains situational awareness across ERCOT’s portfolios and advises on the appropriate timing of specific technical initiatives
- Demonstrates ownership of one or more portfolios; completes assessments of technical health of applications, platforms and technologies in the portfolio. Capable of developing roadmaps marrying vendor release schedules and recommended technology uptake for ERCOT
- May provide recommendations regarding issues outside the bounds of defined procedures and practices. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Wide latitude for decisions within assignments, programs, and projects; impact is generally limited to the project or department.
- Acts as a resource to advise, and may at times lead the work of lower level professional and/or support employees. Generally, represents the department on projects and may perform in a project leadership role.
- Advises, recommends, and justifies critical architecture decisions to management and senior staff
- Directs the development, implementation and continual use of ERCOT IT standards by leading the EA Working Group
- Seeks out and builds beneficial working relationships to influence technology decisions within IT and with key stakeholders
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert in one or more domains and provides guidance to others
- May schedule work, train, mentor, and/or coach other employees
- Conveys team goals effectively through strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Provides expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business
- Develops end-to-end solutions to include people, process and technology
- Acts as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor and change agent
- Requires minimum 8 years related work experience as an Architecture Practitioner with a high preference in the area of Network/Security.
- Requires experience in using a metamodel-based architecture tool (Sparx EA, Orbus iServer, MEGA, Rational System Architect, Troux)
- Required previous experience delivering multiple end-to-end solutions and has provided oversight for these solutions through the entire lifecycle – inception, planning, design, implementation, operational turnover, patch/maintenance, decommissioning
- TOGAF (preferred)
- DoDAF (preferred)
- FeAF (preferred)
- CISSP (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree: Computer Science, MIS or related field (Required)
- Master's Degree: Computer Science, MIS or related field (Preferred)
- or a combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge to a major in such fields is required
The foregoing description reflects the minimum qualifications and the essential functions of the position that must be performed proficiently with or without reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. It is not an exhaustive list of the duties expected to be performed, and management may, at its discretion, revise or require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. This job description is not intended to create a contract of employment with ERCOT. Both ERCOT and the employee may exercise their employm ent-at-will rights at any time.
Preston-Hunter, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Preston-Hunter, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Preston-Hunter, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, qualified disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact Human Resources at the location(s) where you are applying. Preston-Hunter, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. In the event you feel you have been harassed or discriminated against, immediately report the issue to Preston-Hunter, Inc. Human Resources. Preston-Hunter, Inc. encourages applicants of all ages, except for minors as federal law prohibits.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document, I-9 Form, upon hire. Preston-Hunter, Inc. participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Preston-Hunter, Inc. is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before Preston-Hunter, Inc. can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Preston-Hunter, Inc. can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
At this time, Preston-Hunter, Inc. does not sponsor work Visa’s, and all candidates must be eligible to be a W-2 employee working through Preston-Hunter, Inc. All offers of employment, if any, are conditioned on the provision of satisfactory proof of the individual’s right to work in the United States, as required by law.