|Date Posted||January 31, 2021|
IT Security Analyst II – Job Description
Current WGU employees must submit their internal application before 02/07/2021 to be considered for this position.
The current information security landscape is technically complex and constantly changing. The Security Analyst II uses their knowledge of current security methods and standards to gather operational information and assess and analyst tools, systems, and processes in defense of applications, systems, and networks and collaborate with Infrastructure and business teams.
- Mentor Information Security Analysts, including some work assignment and direct teams, architects, risk professionals and other information security specialists to operate, build, and integrate detective, preventive, and corrective tools and procedures; Security Analyst II brings advanced knowledge and specialization to the work; may provide mentoring and supervision to less experienced security analysts
- Handles penetration testing, incident handling/digital forensics, continuous monitoring, intrusion detection/prevention)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Functions equally well in abstract, conceptual, and architectural work as in granular technical implementation and configuration work
- Works well with others especially those in complementary roles
- Expertise in two or more domains of information security supervision but not direct manager responsibilities.
- Implement tools, processes, and communications that support information security initiatives
- Participate in the development and refinement of Information Security programs
- Develop and maintain documentation for security systems and procedures
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, testing, and implementation of security-focused products and services
- Lead or participate in tactical projects as they arise to clarify and respond to identified security risks across different technical domains
- Provide seasoned leadership in security services and operations
- Under the direction of Director of Security Operations, lead the effort to define business objectives, operational parameters, success metrics and process documentation for a security program
- Operate Information security tools and processes
- Execute established security practices with consistency and discipline
- Collaborate with analyst in other groups to implement standardized practices and follow routine processes to promote secure systems
- Investigate and correct new or unusual security configurations and implementations as identified by intelligence, analysts or monitoring
- Operate, observe, and analyze security practices
- Find means to incrementally improve practices where appropriate and collaborate in identifying and formulating new practices where possible
- Process service request tickets efficiently and reliably
• CISSP certification or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Function as a lead analyst in one or more efforts such as integration/automation, penetration testing, digital forensics, incident response, PKI infrastructure, or code security.
• Working knowledge of securing and administering network devices and operating systems.
• Demonstrated experience in incident handling, computer forensics, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, antivirus, syslog, etc.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION
• Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field or 8+ years of relevant experience.
• Security certifications preferred (CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC).
• Working knowledge of penetration testing, and intrusion detection.
• Experience in working with compliance and regulatory program requirements.
• Strong understanding of PCI, SOX, GLBA, PII and FERPA requirements.
• Experience analyzing network, event and security logs, and/or IDS alert logs.
• Experience designing and deploying security solutions.