|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||March 20, 2021|
Requisition ID # 86900
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Customer Care
The Corporate Security Department (CSD) is part of the Customer Care Organization within PG&E. Our mission is to protect the people, assets and facilities of PG&E. The department includes physical security, security asset and technology management, risk and strategy, security operations center, compliance, investigations, emergency response and executive protection teams. Given the criticality of the infrastructure and the facilities it is housed within, PG&E has several compliance obligations at both the federal and state level. We work together internally and in concert with lines of business and supporting partners to provide security, based on identified risks.
The Risk and Strategy team provides the planning and strategic vision for Corporate Security. We identify current and future risks to develop mitigation strategies. Govern and forecast portfolio, personnel and technologies to appropriately execute prioritized security plans.
Corporate Security has an exciting strategy, entitled Pivot to Technology, with the goal of maintaining or enhancing security services while ensuring our cost structure remains stable. This position is essential for defining and implementing technology strategies to enable the team to achieve these goals. These technologies (some of which can be implemented now) include artificial intelligence, robotics, advanced security detection and access systems, advanced facility monitoring capabilities, and utilization of more integrated systems.
The Principal CS Business Architect holds primary responsibility and accountability for the Technology & Business Capability Roadmaps within Corporate Security. In this role you will develop and maintain the Corporate Security Reference Architecture Framework and develop and maintain the multi-year capability roadmap. You will work in partnership with stakeholders such as portfolio managers, enterprise architects, other associated operations and functional areas to establish strategic direction and relevant reference architectures, technology standards and design patterns.
The Principal CS Business Architect has accountability and responsibility for focus areas that are of complex scope and with significant risk and high impact across multiple functions. You will work autonomously. You will address complex problems that span functions and may manage projects or initiatives that are high complexity and risk. You will also provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to non-architect technical staff of lesser experience, and generally work with Senior Management to influence strategies and decisions.
You are excited about this role because you:
- Are passionate about creating the enablement and advancement of enterprise architecture capabilities and community of practice
- Bring Corporate Security experience into reference architecture
- Enjoy staying current on security technology and capabilities
- Thrive in a large network with other domain enterprise architects to ensure breadth and granularity of strategies, standards, design patterns and roadmaps are consistent and integrated across an encompassing enterprise Reference Architecture.
- Have a passion to drive guidance to all Information Technology (IT) teams within PG&E and Security Operational Teams to ensure they are kept current on technology developments, trends, architectural best practices and new business initiatives for Reference Architectures.
- Flex your strong collaborative and active listening skills
- Enjoy opportunities to grow your experience, education and training
- Are interested in NERC/Compliance risk mitigation
- Leads the enablement and advancement of business architecture capabilities and community of practice within Corporate Security at PG&E.
- Develop and maintain the Corporate Security reference architecture.
- Stay current on security technology and business capabilities.
- Accountable for the development and maintenance of some technical standards, design patterns, reference architectures and roadmaps for a Reference Architecture Framework containing a broad collection of foundational services.
- Partners with all Business Technology Leads, Portfolio Architects and Solution Architects to provide technology that supports solutions which meet business capabilities and are consistent with enterprise standards, architectures and strategies for specific Reference Architectures.
- Works individually and collectively with enterprise architects to ensure breadth and granularity of strategies, standards, design patterns and roadmaps are consistent and integrated across an encompassing enterprise Reference Architecture.
- Collaborates and provides guidance to all Information Technology (IT) teams within PG&E and Security Operational Teams to ensure they are kept current on technology developments, trends, architectural best practices and new business initiatives for Reference Architectures.
- Works with the Project Management Organization (PMO) to establish framework for the IT/OT governance process that help ensure CSD initiatives comply with the enterprise architecture standards and strategies and advocate for new alternative concepts and technology applications.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
- 10 years of experience in process modeling
- Able to influence major, long-term technology decisions at the highest executive levels
- Ability to engage and collaborate with IT and business leadership
- Ability to evaluate technology benefits/risks in a very large, complex business environment
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Expert level knowledge and a well-rounded understanding of utility and security industry trends and technologies
- Demonstrated competence in leading architecture, design, development, and deployment related to a domain or associated sub-domain
- Experience leading Business Architecture function at a utility company or related industry
- Experience leading the strategic vision and direction with specific technologies, systems and platforms related to a domain or associated sub-domain
- Strong collaborative and active listening skills
- Physical security domain experience
- 5 years of experience in process modeling functions with experience leading teams
- Experience with creating business process models, activity diagrams etc. using modeling tools
- Ability to map business process components to applications, services, databases and other IT components. Ability to evaluate business processes and identify reusable IT components
- In depth understanding of and competence in supporting architecture, design, development, and deployment related to security operations and technology
- 3+ Years Leadership
- Experience with specific technologies, systems and platforms related to a domain or associated sub-domain
- Experience with hardware, networks, software technologies, applications, and modeling techniques related to a domain or associated sub-domain
- Security Certification (CISSP, etc.)
- MA/MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security or other Technology Discipline
- Ability to understand the big picture context of Business Architecture and to visualize the activity patterns and/or connections in a complex business process that are typically hidden in the details
- Knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards used at large utility companies including Customer, Billing and Meter solutions, and ERP solutions for Utility Operations and Power Generation systems
- Strong knowledge of hardware and software evaluation principles and Ability to evaluate products and conduct proof-of-concepts
- Excellent communication skills and ability to tailor communication to all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills with the ability to mediate between the business and technology domains
- Ability to present ideas in user and/or developer friendly languages
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Expert level awareness and understanding of hardware, networks, software technologies, applications, and modeling techniques related to a domain or associated sub-domain
- Architecture Certification (TOGAF, Zachman, DODAF, etc.), Security Certification (CISSP, etc.), IT Delivery Certification (ITILv3, etc.)
- Domain knowledge of business processes in one or more business areas like Corporate Security, Electric Ops, Gas Ops, Energy Supply, Customer Care, HR, Finance, Supply Chain etc.