|Published||September 17, 2022|
|Location||Silver Spring, MD|
Position/Job Title: Project Manager
Work Location: Silver Spring, MD
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is looking for a Project Manager that provides support in planning and managing of the acquisition Projects to include tracking and management of technical and programmatic risk, requirements management, and day-to-day oversight and management of the Project cost, schedule, and performance. The candidate will work within a cohesive team environment and is responsible for strategic and effective planning, initiating, and managing technology projects. The Project Manager leads and guides the work of a technical staff, serving as a liaison between multiple stakeholders completing technical aspects of projects, planning project stages and assessing technical implications for each stage. In addition, the candidate shall monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards, and targets are met satisfying the customers mission needs. This individual ensures that technical demands and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, customers, and partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Demonstrated successful management of multi-million-dollar projects
- Ability to compose and conduct briefs to VIPs
- Knowledge of web application software
- Certifications: Windows Server certification/CISSP/PMP
- Provide support in all areas of IM/IT Program and Project Management for major or significant IM/IT initiatives directed.
- Provide weekly updates on each of the assigned activities, build project plans utilizing the Program Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) methodology, report on milestones as appropriate, ensure proper allocation of resources, complete risk assessments and work forecasts, & ensure all tasks & deliverables are being met.
- Write technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses; manage, coordinate, facilitate, oversee, and track initiatives and projects with varying timelines and scopes using state-of-the-art PM techniques for risk assessment and abatement and Program Knowledge Management (PKM).
- Assess current or future customer needs and priorities through communicating directly with customers, conducting surveys, or other methods
- Adheres to strict security constraints meeting customer requirements
- Implement acquisition processes to meet Project milestones
- Review and develop implementation plans that include technical analysis meeting mission objectives
- Provide technical planning and strategic thinking across space enterprise portfolio
- Develop or update project plans for information technology projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing technologies.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Other duties assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Education and/or Experience/Skills Required:
- 10 years of experience in IM/IT Project Management
- 10 years of experience dealing with WANs and LANs to include experience with: switches, routers, VPN's, etc.
- 10 years of experience with designing and deploying Windows Server and Active Directory architectures
- 5 years of experience with designing and deploying server/application virtualization
- 5 years demonstrated leadership of IT personnel
- 5 years of IM/IT experience in a healthcare environment
- 5 years server hardware & software (MS operating system based) experience
- 2 years of experience in Portfolio Management
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Relevant work experience and training may be considered in lieu of a degree, like Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Crediting Combinations of Education and Experience standard
- Certification Experience Requirements: CompTIA Sec +/MCITP ENTERPRISE ADMINISTRATOR/CISSP/PMP
- Required Designations: Tier 3 (NACLC) - IAT Level 1 ADP/IT III
- DoD experience preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification required
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
- Proficient problem-solving skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Enjoys the challenges of dynamic research and development project
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have enough mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weigh up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary.
DoD active security clearance may be required at a high-level security. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.