Secret Cleared NCIS Network Engineer 24/7 Support
|Published||May 19, 2023|
JOB TITLE:Secret Cleared NCIS Network Engineer 24/7 Support
JOB LOCATION: Quantico, VA
WAGE RANGE*: $70 hr to $75 hr
JOB NUMBER: 23-01228
Shift 1: Wed/Thur: 4:00pm to 12:30am; Sat/Sun 6:00am to 6:00pm
Shift 2: Mon-Friday: 10:00pm to 6:30am
The NCIS program is searching for a Network Engineer to join their team in Quantico, VA .
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) is an organization of approximately 2,200 personnel of which 700 serve at HQ and the remaining staff serve at offices worldwide. NCIS is the DON component with primary responsibility for criminal investigation, law enforcement (LE), counter terrorism (CT), counterintelligence (CI), and cyber matters. NCIS not only has primary responsibility for all criminal investigative, CI, CT, and cyber matters within the DON, but it also has exclusive investigative jurisdiction in non-combat matters involving actual, potential, or suspected criminal, terrorism, sabotage, espionage, and subversive activities.
This position is part of the IT Technology Development division within the NCIS ITDS organization and performs the following functions:
- Tests and analyzes all elements of network facilities
- Monitors and controls the performance and status of network resources on multiple enclaves utilizing software and hardware tools
- Identifies and diagnoses problems and factors affecting network performance
- Analyzes network performance, usage, traffic flows, access, and interfaces
- Provides technical planning and analysis for communication activities including designing, integrating, installing, troubleshooting, repairing, testing, monitoring, reporting, documenting, working with appropriate vendors, and performing preventative maintenance services
- Performs testing, provisioning, operations and emergency response for ongoing network operations
- Oversees and manages the deployment of upgrades to existing data, video, and related systems in a multi-location environment
- Ensures all required operational and support documents are current
- Maintains a current understanding of emerging technologies and trends in online media, cloud service, storage solutions, and other data center technologies
- Assists System Administrators and Tier 2 technicians with their duties as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
* While an hourly range is posted for this position, an eventual hourly rate is determined by a comprehensive salary analysis which considers multiple factors including but not limited to: job-related knowledge, skills and qualifications, education and experience as compared to others in the organization doing substantially similar work, if applicable, and market and business considerations. Benefits offered include medical, dental and vision benefits; dependent care flexible spending account; 401(k) plan; voluntary life/short term disability/whole life/term life/accident and critical illness coverage; employee assistance program; sick leave in accordance with regulation. Benefits may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.