|Date Posted||April 7, 2021|
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
As a Full-stack Security Engineer (developer) in OptumRx you will have the opportunity to assess, guide and ensure security, privacy and compliance requirements are engineered into key technology initiatives for internal, B2B and B2C solutions. This will include in-house developed, acquired and vended technology leveraging on-prem, private cloud, public cloud and hybrid models.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Contribute OptumRx technology engineer’s incorporation of ‘security, privacy and compliance by design’ concepts into development activities across OptumRx technology portfolio and part of the continual evolution into DevOps delivery models
- Play a key role with continual development of the secure coding culture within OptumRx, participate as a stakeholder in the broader Optum Technology Security Community and lead by example while serving as an imbedded resource in development scrum teams
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience developing solutions in a regulated industry
- 5+ years application development and engineering
- Enterprise level integration utilizing methods such as API’s, micro services, and data streaming
- Cloud / container-based development (Private Cloud, Public Cloud and Hybrid technology models)
- Understanding and experience with full-stack engineering, Agile and DevOps delivery practices
- Experience working effectively in a large matrix organization
- f you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience working in the Heath Care industry
- Experience working with cloud security management or governance tools
- Experience with information security, secure coding and use of secure coding tools
- Knowledge and understanding of threat analysis and assessment of potential and current information security risk/threats
- Professional Certifications: CISSP, CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional) or other relevant
- Knowledge and understanding of application or software security such as: web application penetration testing, secure code review, secure static code analysis, and vulnerability remediation
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information and use it in solution development
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Security DevOps Engineer, Full stack, API’s, micro services, data streaming, Cloud development, container-based development, Cloud, Private Cloud, Public Cloud, Hybrid cloud, Agile, DevOps, healthcare, cloud security, CISSP, CCSP, UHG, Optum, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote