|Location||Eden Prairie, MN|
|Date Posted||April 2, 2021|
OptumRx, a UnitedHealth Group company, with over 24,000 employees globally, specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, integrated services to promote optimal outcomes, superior savings and outstanding client and consumer experiences. We make healthier happen by creating smarter health care connections to help more than 65 million consumers nationwide realize improved care, lower costs and a better overall experience. This is a place like no other and where you’ll do your life’s best work.(sm)
As a Full-stack Security Engineer (developer) in OptumRx you will have the opportunity to assess, guide and ensure security, privacy and compliance requirements are engineered into key technology initiatives for internal, B2B and B2C solutions. This will include in-house developed, acquired and vended technology leveraging on-prem, private cloud, public cloud and hybrid models.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable for leading technology engineer’s incorporation of ‘security, privacy and compliance by design’ concepts into development activities across OptumRx technology portfolio and part of the continual evolution into DevOps delivery models
- Continual development of the secure coding culture within OptumRx, participate as a stakeholder in the broader Optum Technology Security Community and lead by example while serving as an imbedded resource in development scrum teams
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years application development and engineering
- 5+ years information security, secure coding and use of secure coding tools
- 3+ years enterprise level integration utilizing methods such as API’s, micro services, and data streaming
- 3+ years cloud / container-based development (Private Cloud, Public Cloud and Hybrid technology models)
- Understanding and experience with full-stack engineering, Agile and DevOps delivery practices
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information, apply it to solution development, and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to flex behaviorally to maximize collaboration effectiveness with diverse perspectives, personalities and backgrounds
- Professional Certifications: CISSP, CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional) or other relevant
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in the Heath Care industry
- Experience working with cloud security management or governance tools
- Knowledge and understanding of threat analysis and assessment of potential and current information security risk/threats
- Knowledge and understanding of application or software security such as: web application penetration testing, secure code review, secure static code analysis, and vulnerability remediation
- Experience working effectively in a large matrix organization with minimal direction
- 2+ meeting compliance requirements from sources such as HIPPA, SOX, PCI, NIST or HITRUST
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Security DevOps Senior Software Engineer, Security, DevOps, Software Engineer, Agile, CISSP, CCSP, Certified Cloud Security Professional, solution architecture, software engineering, enterprise level integration, API’s, micro services, data streaming, Public Cloud, Private Cloud, AWS, Azure, hybrid, full stack engineering, healthcare, Cloud security management, software security, matrix, HIPPA, SOX, PCI, NIST, HITRUST, UHG Optum, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote