|Date Posted||April 14, 2021|
Position Title: IAM Advisory Information Security Engineer
Position Number: 364966
Location: Work at Home 99999
Position Type: Temp to Hire
Required Skill Set:
CISSP, cyber security, IAM
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Job Title: IAM Advisory Information Security Engineer – (ForgeRock Focus)
JOB ID: THRVJP000001045
DURATION: 6 months (Contract to hire.)
LOCATION: 100% Remote – Team is Wisconsin based, must be able to work the hours of 8:00am-5:00pm Central Time.
IAM Advisory Information Security Engineer
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Advisory Information Security Engineer is a trusted expert, influencer and thought leader whose Identity Access Management (IAM) expertise and business knowledge combines to translate business objectives into technology-enabled solutions that deliver the capabilities needed to achieve business results. They influence technology strategy and advise senior leaders based on knowledge and perspective. This Engineer applies business, industry, and technical knowledge (across multiple assets, domains, platforms, technologies, vendors, etc.) to lead the delivery of innovative IAM solutions. They provide leadership to appropriately support and maintain IAM technology capabilities and collaborate across domains to understand business, information and system implications. At this level, the IAM Information Security Engineer is comfortable dealing with ambiguity while solving complex problems, drives innovation and strives for continuous improvement. You will focus on the broader Thrivent Enterprise while collaborating with leaders, verbally and in writing, to align business and technical concepts in an understandable way while mentoring, training, and coaching other staff.
The IAM Advisory Information Security Engineer supports the Information Security needs through continuous support and improvement of the technologies, procedures and controls within our Information Technology environment and with the business. This Engineer is viewed as an expert across multiple areas of Information Security, has deep understanding of other technologies and their relationship to the protection of Thrivent Information assets and delivers strong results through strong technical know-how and focused leadership.
The Information Security Engineer is responsible for the engineering and development function supporting the creation and maintenance of Identity Access Management within the company’s Information Security Program along with the associated architecture and standards that deliver enterprise-wide Information Security services for internal and external customers. The Information Security Engineer provides subject matter expertise on one or more services within the IAM Information Security Program architecture, protocols, processes, and governance and is responsible for the technical implementation and support of all aspects within IAM Information Security Program functions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee and direct efforts to identify IAM technology solutions that enable business needs and strategies
• Apply business knowledge and experience to effectively advise others on IAM technology as an enabler
• Lead efforts to analyze IT industry and market trends and determine potential impacts with a focus on IAM solutions
• Provides thought leadership and execution to large complex efforts
• Consult on and manage initiatives to ensure alignment across multiple business and IT areas
• Proactively mitigate risks across multiple assets, information domains, technologies & platforms
• Facilitate communications that involve obtaining cooperation and agreement on issues that may be complex or controversial
• Act as a change agent to continuously improve and move the organization forward.
• Accountable to provide leadership to successfully deliver the right results on initiatives in a timely and effective manner.
• Direct the work of others to lead initiatives that cross multiple assets, technologies, platforms, departments, and vendors.
• Understand, apply, and support administration of Information Security Policies, standards, and processes to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability to Thrivent information and information systems.
• Provide on-call support of IAM deployed technologies and cyber incident response
Required Job Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, information security, business, mathematics, or related field
• MBA, Advanced degree or equivalent preferred
• Information Security Certification required and in good standing, preferably CISSP
• 8+ years of applicable experience
• Demonstrated leadership on large scale projects impacting strategic priorities
• Experience with ForgeRock required
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Experience with multiple IAM tools (CyberArk, HashiCorp Vault, Azure, Okta, Oracle, Venafi)
*** The individual hired into this position must be able to work between the business hours of 8 AM - 5 PM Central Standard Time