|Published||May 2, 2022|
Security Engineer Description
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining information/network security systems for Windstream’s service provider and management networks. The incumbent must possess skills that enable him or her to troubleshoot and maintain security applications and equipment that support both an Internet Service Provider business and a Network Operations environment.
The successful candidate must have a proven technical-security background, with emphasis on identity and security technologies, including an understanding of Information Security fundamentals (such as the ISC2's Common Body of Knowledge, United Kingdom's Common Criteria, and ISO 17799). A strong desire to promote solid Information Security awareness/practice throughout the enterprise is critical, as the candidate will be asked to provide subject matter expertise to other areas inside enterprise.
- Participate in the strategic design and architecture of a complex, high-scale enterprise Security program.
- Responsible for the evolution of the Security alerting and monitoring program by implementing and executing integration processes, frameworks, and activities.
- Responsible for the operational support of all Network Security Operations alerting and monitoring management platforms to ensure stability, uptime, and security.
- Lifecycle management of new security systems and applications with existing environments.
- Assist with the decommission or migration of existing environments.
- Write technical documents as necessary describing base security requirements and architecture.
- Document policies and operating procedures.
- Participate in an Incident Response Team as necessary.
- Experience with at least one of the following: Fortinet, CheckPoint, or Cisco ASA firewalls. Must have experience in design, installation, configuration, and operations.
- Strong skills in system administration for Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Development of identity and access governance framework and methodologies.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in at least one of the following:
- SIEM technologies and methodologies
- Shell Scripting
- Knowledge of network protocols, data flows, and vulnerabilities within a TCP/IP environment.
- Familiar with fundamental networking concepts.
- Must be able to work well in team environment.
- Independent problem solver; self-directed, self-starting.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Good personal organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work issues via ticketing system.
- The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic operations environment.
- Available and willing to be in a 24x7 on call rotation
- Ability to lift at a minimum 50 pounds.
- Strong understanding of alerting and monitoring security fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of system design.
- Security system deployment methodology
- Defense in depth strategies
Security Product Knowledge
- Familiarity with RSA Ace (SecurID), Active Directory and OpenRadius
- Solaris or Redhat
- Windows 2003 and newer
- Experience with Cisco ACS/ISE
- Fortinet, Checkpoint, Juniper and Cisco firewalls a plus
Certification / License
- CISSP / CISM (Preferred)
College degree and 7-10 years’ experience or 11 years equivalent related Engineering/Technical experience or a combination of education and related Engineering/Technical experience required.
7 years’ experience with vulnerability management, SIEM and Log Management, proxy servers, DLP, IPS/IDS, VPN, PKI, multi-factor authentication, SAML, and cryptography is preferred. Experience with Fortinet equipment is required.
7 years of experience with network security engineering and/or analysis Perl, PHP, Python, Regex scripting experience. Vendor/Professional certification is considered a plus. CISSP or CAP certification is preferred.
Ability to stay current with the economic and technological developments in the industry.
Job Category: Engineering
Locations: US-South Carolina-Greenville |US|Iowa|Hiawatha |US|Kentucky|Lexington |US|Georgia|Atlanta |US|North Carolina|Charlotte |US|Indiana|Evansville
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.