|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This technical position is an individual contributor reporting to the Manager of Information Security Operations. Analyze and document risks associated with security controls via risk analysis of moderate to high complexity on information systems, platforms, and processes. The Security Architect will interpret risk in applicable situations, develop actionable insights to mitigate risks and make risk management recommendations to the Information Security leadership. Work with each IT team & Stakeholder to mitigate any potential loss of data, confidentiality, integrity and availability to enhance the organization’s security effectiveness in accordance with the established risk management strategies.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Comply with enterprise security protocols
- Consider security implications in activities and designs
- Conduct analysis and evaluation of IT infrastructure, System assets and processes as well as evaluating applications controls of systems e.g. planning, fieldwork, reporting and follow-up on risk management assignments.
- Perform security frameworks research; coordinate, administer and support activities related to secure data planning and data recovery
- Evaluate, research, review, recommend and assist in implementing new software development technologies, performance and security improvements, and third-party applications
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies / products related to information security and identify / select proper solutions based on defined criteria
- Understand and adhere to the Enterprise Architecture (EA) governance framework (e.g., principles, policies, standards, reference architectures, data-driven designs)
- Based on customer, contract requirements and best practices in the security field craft recommended security architecture, processes, technologies, and controls to meet requirements, protect our company assets and customer information with an eye to the future
- Assist with remediation planning and ensure identified gaps have been appropriately managed in order to achieve compliance
- Perform technical testing of controls for assurance and validation of IT compliance
- Recommends improvements in the current risk management process; assist in the development of internal processes for streamlining risk analysis techniques
- Upon realization of actual risk or breach Architect will become active part of remediation, and investigation team.
- Participate in IT engagements e.g. involved in gathering information to new development to determine associated risks, act as a resource to others
- Based on leadership decisions and business needs, all other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience working in a security technology or security architecture role
- 3+ years of experience in network / security architecture, engineering, and technical oversight for large enterprise systems with federally regulated data flows
- Equivalent combination of education, experience and applicable military experience
- Background in Federal government work, including an understanding of government publications NIST SP 800-53. CMMC, HIPAA, etc.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented programming concepts, Windows, and Web forms development
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server and relational database modeling concepts
- Mastery of architecture methodologies in difficult, practical applications without requiring support or instruction from others
- Detailed knowledge of system architectures which support an entire business area including business systems, networks, servers, platforms, and databases
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Working knowledge with several third-party .NET components
- Working knowledge of source control and software deployment and release methodologies, preferably with Team Foundation Server environment
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Certification in IT Security (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM) or similar professional certifications
- Experience with health care related software applications and IT solutions
- Leadership experience
- Microsoft Certifications
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with private and public cloud computing architectures (Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Salesforce)
- Experience with healthcare services or financial services and often in-depth technical requirements of a health benefits or financial services company
- Ability to work with cross-functional business and technical teams to provide quick and timely responses
- Ability to lead sessions, and strong consulting background
- Ability to quickly gain solid conceptual and business understanding of the platforms and related peripheral components
- Ability to project likely outcomes of multiple strategies and approaches, and rank the risks and benefits associated with each
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, organization, and time management skills
- Highly motivated, passionate, team-player
- Ability to meet scheduled project requirements within assigned deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a very dynamic business environment with often conflicting priorities
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe. OptumServe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We're partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Senior Architecture Analyst, Architecture Analyst, Architect, Infrastructure, Senior Architect, Security Architecture, NIST SP 800-53, CMMC, HIPAA, SQL Server, SQL, .NET, IT Security, CISSP, CISA, CISM, Network Architecture, Engineering, Azure, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Remote, Work from Home, Milwaukee, WI, Wisconsin