|Published||September 4, 2022|
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
We are GDIT. We support and secure some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. At GDIT, cyber security is not just a singular part of our mission-it connects every one of us because it's embedded into every aspect of what we do.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by bringing your ideas and unique perspective to our culture. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you are helping us ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter.
As a Senior Cybersecurity Architect, you will be trusted to support work on a program involving Cybersecurity Engineering and Compliance, Risk Management Assessment, Authorization and Accreditation, Threat Intelligence, Threat Detection, Incident Management and Response, Vulnerability Management, Penetration Testing, and Identity and Access Management.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. In this role, a typical day will include:
* Establishes system information security requirements using analysis in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems
* Determines and identifies high level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of the enterprise architecture
* Designs security architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces
* Identifies, assesses, and presents options for meeting the functional and technical requirements including hardware and software updates or upgrades
* Responsible for developing high level system design diagrams
* Ensures these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, Agency architectures, and the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) as they apply to the implementation and specification of Information Management (IM) solution of the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application
* Conducts incident/event investigation and analysis and assesses and detects network vulnerabilities
* Ensures that the common operating environment is compliant
* Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of workflows, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action
* Create and assist in creation of planned maturation of technical capabilities aligned to Agency strategic goals
* Supports security posture assessments and designs and implements solutions' infrastructure, configuration, prototypes and production deployment and handoff
* Support the delivery team in addressing customer issues
* Participate in the creation of technical demos, briefings, and oral presentations materials
* Maintains awareness of cyber trends, threats, and vulnerabilities and provides technical thought leadership and SME value to client interactions
* Provide architecture, engineering, and implementation support for solutions to include vulnerability scanning and assessment products, continuous monitoring products, tools and activities, and risk assessment and reporting products and capabilities
* Integrate existing security products with new hardware and software introduced to managed systems and services within the environment
* Provide security reviews for the acquisition, installation, fielding, training, and operation of various products to include hardware, software, and licenses
* Provide recommendations/baselines for secure configurations based on reviews
* Provide recommendations based upon risk assessment for each new project
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* Bachelor's degree in an engineering/cyber discipline (with 10 years information security experience); or Master's degree in an engineering/cyber discipline (with 7 years information security experience)
* Seven (7) years of experience engineering and designing IT security solutions
* Two (2) years of leadership experience with planning and managing security engagements
* Certifications (One or more of the following): Net+, A+, Security+, Certified Penetration CPTE, CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSMP, or CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor
* Public Trust clearance capability with National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI)
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
* Full-flex work week
* 401K with company match
* Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around you
* Diverse, highly collaborative teams
The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years. The selected candidate cannot have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days and no more than 180 cumulative days.? We can only accept Green Card Holders or US Citizens for this program.
#GDITCareers #CyberSecurity #CISSP
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
USA DC Washington
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.