|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This technical position is an individual contributor reporting to the Manager of Information Security Operations. This position will be responsible for the end-to-end information security management to include early engagement consulting, security solutions architecture support, security testing, technical risk assessment, governance, and expert level remediation recommendations for mission critical projects and programs.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Use cybersecurity tools to detect and analyze events to mitigate threats
- Respond to alerts from information security tools
- Perform assessments of systems and networks and identifies where those systems / networks deviate from acceptable configurations and standards
- Measure effectiveness of defense-in-depth architecture against known vulnerabilities and in compliance with applicable contractual, regulatory, statutory, and company policies
- Uses cyber indicators to maintain awareness of status of environment and assess threats
- Employs discovery techniques to examine events, assess validity and, if applicable, understand cause
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and monitor systems, network, databases and Web for potential system weaknesses
- Serves as a senior Subject Matter Expert (SME) to the organization for solutions, procedures, and implementation of security controls
- Conducts risk assessment and provide recommendations for application / system / architecture design
- Participates in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Identifies threats and develops appropriate protection measures
- Review system changes for security implications and recommends improvements as identified
- Escalation point for security incident response, offering expertise to ensure prompt and effective resolution
- Provide analysis of and suggest solutions to complex security issues
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols for security platform operations
- Collaborate with directors, managers, project managers, architects, and other technical leads to ensure continuity and communication across teams as well as mitigation of risks to the company
- Mentor and coach security team members, providing guidance and support in order to develop their skills and promote continued integration of technological advances to further enhance security
- Based on leadership decisions and business needs, all other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Cybersecurity and/or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience providing security leadership and operational support for complex enterprise security projects / programs for large enterprise organizations
- 3+ years of experience in network / security architecture, engineering, and technical oversight for large enterprise systems with federally regulated data flows
- Knowledge of infrastructure, application, and data security architecture best practices
- Background in Federal government work, including an understanding of government publications NIST SP 800-53. CMMC, HIPAA, etc.
- Ability to identify and mitigate Cybersecurity risks
- Ability to communicate complex Cybersecurity concepts to both technical and non-technical resources
- Ability to obtain and keep required (government and other) security clearances
- Demonstrated knowledge or hands-on experience with security platform policy management in multiple security platforms
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Have or in process of obtaining advanced certifications pertinent to cybersecurity (CISM, CISSP, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge or hands-on experience with network technologies (802.1x, 802.1Q, VXLAN), Unified Communications Management, routing protocols (MPLS, QinQ, BGP), common application ports and protocols, firewall rule management, network security fundamentals (DDOS protection, NIDS, IPS, VPN), common network attacks and vectors
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with private and public cloud computing architectures (Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Salesforce)
- Experience with large healthcare services or financial services and often in-depth technical requirements of a health benefits or financial services company
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe. OptumServe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We're partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Information Security Engineer, Cybersecurity, Information Security, Network Architecture, Security Architecture, Engineering, Data Flows, Data Security, Security, NIST SP 800-53, CMMC, HIPAA, CISM, CISSP, 802.1x, 802.1Q, VXLAN, DDOS, DDOS Protection, NIDS, IPS, VPN, Cloud Computing, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Milwaukee, WI, Wisconsin