|Date Posted||April 4, 2021|
Our headquarters in Sacramento contains the core functions that support our mission to deliver financial solutions with value, convenience and exceptional service to our members.
JOB TITLE: Sr IT Auditor
DEPARTMENT: Audit Services
JOB CODE: 4201
Under the direction of the VP – Audit Services, responsible for planning, coordinating and executing general and information technology audits including operations, applications, operating systems, database systems, host systems (teller platform), PC security systems, network systems, and telecommunications. This includes working with information technology personnel to identify risks, communicate and collaborate with management on observations and recommendations to strengthen controls, draft reports with observations and recommendations, and document work performed. Leads the planning and performance of assigned audits to provide all levels of management and the Supervisory Committee with independent analysis, evaluations and recommendations. Acts as Lead to Internal IT Audit staff to coordinate and support team efforts in different audit initiatives and engagements. Serves as an internal audit staff resource on assignments impacted by technical information system risks. Must demonstrate collaborative nature in working with client to communicate and develop mitigation strategies to address risks identified.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in IT audit universe identification and risk assessment to assist in the development of the annual audit plan.
- Determine and establish appropriate audit scope and control objectives for the areas under review. Evaluate the systems of control to determine the areas of highest risk using accepted risk management techniques. Develop audit plans that utilize allocated hours and resources to address high-exposure areas within audit scope.
- Lead assigned staff to ensure timely, accurate, and complete risk/control conclusions, workpapers and reports that are in accordance with department procedures and expectations.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Design and execute audit programs to validate relevant control objectives, document the results, and report to management regarding the adequacy of their internal controls.
- Identify audit issues, develop collaborative audit recommendations and draft audit reports under limited supervision.
- Provide independent evaluations of IT controls, security, policies, and procedures.
- Perform and coordinate follow-up audits to determine if management has taken action to mitigate risks identified.
- Where appropriate, consult on new IT systems acquisitions to assist in ensuring that the adequacy of controls are considered during development.
- Provide guidance to the audit team in the application of audit methodologies and risk assessment. Provide feedback to Internal Audit management of team/staff work performance.
- Participate in fraud and special investigations as necessary.
- Develop client relationships.
- Provide assistance and training to other staff members in the technical aspects of IT systems and operations and data base query languages such as ACL.
- Assist external auditors in their annual review as needed.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Frequent use of personal computer to prepare and analyze audit data.
- Effective oral and written communication skills to complete audit reports and analysis and to make oral presentations to the Supervisory Committee, Management, and staff.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: All levels from Senior Vice President to staff, and Supervisory Committee.
- EXTERNAL: External auditors, vendors.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree related in Audit and/or Computer Science. Certified Internal Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred. (Pursuit of CISA, CISSP, CIA or equivalent is required.)
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 to 7 years of progressive IT or IT audit experience, or other auditing work within a financial institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 5 years as an internal auditor, or equivalent. Banking, Credit Union, or other Financial Services industry experience desired.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Knowledge and/or practical experience with general computer controls (change management, incident management, disaster recovery, information integrity, capacity planning, security administration, vendor management, etc.), firewalls, intrusion detection. Familiarity with PCI Compliance requirements a plus. Familiarity with COBIT and COSO techniques and methodologies, IT auditing theory, IT systems acquisitions, Project Management, computerized information systems and applications, administrative and IT systems controls, computer operations, PC hardware, PC software, audit software (including CCH Team Mate, ACL), electronic banking equipment. Strong skills in Microsoft Office, email, Visio, etc.
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
Possession of a valid California driver's license is desirable but not essential.
We appreciate your interest in joining the Golden 1 team! If you are selected to participate in the interview process we will contact you.