|Published||September 18, 2022|
|Location||Virginia Beach, VA|
This position is remote to local Hampton Roads and local Tidewater area.
Incumbents of this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Job Summary: Senior administrator, responsible for installation, configuration, and support of all legacy Linux, Windows, and ESX servers within a large retail enterprise environment requiring 24 X 7 uptime. Responsibilities include building, installing, and configuration of all Windows based physical and virtual servers, deploying and testing OS, virus updates, patches and performance tuning.
- Acts as senior administrator for legacy Linux, Windows, and ESX server operations. Responsible for building, installation, and configuration of all legacy Linux, Windows, and ESX servers. Applies patches, fixes, hardware and software upgrades and physical to virtual migrations. Plans upgrades and coordinates with users.
- Performs research and analysis for platform determination for project related implementation life cycle replacements.
- Provides support for legacy Linux and Novell E-Directory systems during conversion to Active Directory.
- Troubleshoots legacy Linux, Windows and ESX server and OS issues. Independently utilizes all available resources (knowledge bases, online resources, etc.) to ensure timely resolution of server issues. Works with junior staff members to provide guidance and assistance as needed.
- Provides monitoring and maintenance of all security related events (anti-virus programs, security patches, IAVA installs, operating system patches & upgrades). Responsible for remediation and documentation of all vulnerabilities reported by monthly Retina scans.
- Develops operating procedures for system administration activities including system monitoring, performance tuning, backup/recovery, server architecture design and system maintenance.
- Ensure/implement the rigorous application of Information Security/Information Assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of Systems, Applications and/or Services (Hardware & Software). Applying Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) and Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements to legacy Linux, Windows, and ESX Servers. Writing and maintaining STIG documentation according to established standards.
- Performs regular system maintenance, backups, hardware and software upgrades, physical to virtual migrations and performance tuning.
- Interfaces with Network Engineers, Storage Engineers, Database Administrators, and Application Teams to optimize systems use and configuration.
- Actively participates in project planning to ensure timely and successful completion of projects assigned to Windows server team.
- Provides technical knowledge and recommendations to staff members as required.
- Provides server hardware capacity recommendations.
- Provides installation support for new applications and software releases.
- Interfaces with hardware vendors to maintain and schedule repair of equipment in a timely manner and /or provide hardware repair and maintenance as required.
- Provide on-call 24 x 7 support on a rotating basis.
- Installs and executes the Gold Disk scripts and implements system security controls as required. Reviews DISA's Windows Server Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) and Checklists for guidance. Implements Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards and requirements as mandated on legacy Linux, Windows and ESX Servers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SECNAV M-5239.2 DoN, Information Assurance (IA) Workforce Manual requires that all incumbents of this position possess, and maintain current, two types of certifications as follows: IA Certification: One of the following certifications: Security+, GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP); or any one of the following higher level certifications: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC Security Expert (GSE), Security Certified Network Architect (SCNA).
NEXCOM preferred certification is Security+.
Technical Certification: MicroSoft Certified IT Professional. Certification must be valid (not expired) as defined by the policy of the certification issuer. Candidates without the required certification may be placed into this job, but must obtain the required certification within 6 months of appointment; failure to obtain the proper certification requirement will result in termination of employment.
This position is designated IT-1 (Critical - Sensitive) in accordance with SECNAV M-5510.30 and will require a favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
Candidates must be eligible for and obtain a Secret Clearance, within 6 months of appointment. Failure to obtain will result in termination.